Friday, November 5, 2010

Gift Wish List - Marcellus Chase

2010 UPDATE
I am providing this list (as in years past) merely to provide gift ideas to those who want to shower me with gifts. I don’t want to send the wrong impression. I am not ungrateful or demanding. I really do appreciate all the blessings in my life. Truth is, there is very little that I am in need of. So I included several of my wants. And as long as I am asking for my wants and not needs, I might as well let you know what I really want. This list is intended to help you get inside my head a little. As such, please do not feel constrained by the list. Please feel free to go off-list if you feel so inspired. In no particular order:
  • Detail my car. In years past, I've always asked for someone to detail my car. No one has ever chosen to do so. I suppose it is a difficult gift to give. Well, this year I don't have my own car. I've been borrowing my Dad's car since the Intrepid died earlier this year. (Thanks Dad!) If you want to detail my Dad's car for me, it would be like a double gift - for me and for my Dad.
  • Bike Stuff. I bought a new (used) bike this summer. I need to get some accessories to go with it. A new saddle bag with roadside flat repair kit including a new tube and CO2 inflation system for Presta valves. If you know bike stuff, feel free to pick something out. Otherwise, a gift card to a bike shop works. Cycling shorts and/or jersey (size L both)
  • Electronics. Digital Voice Recorder (As small as possible - as much memory as possible - as easy to use as possible).
  • Date Night Gift Certificates. Restaurant gift certificates. Tickets to shows or concerts - symphony, opera, theatre, sporting events, auto show, boat show, home show, train show. It almost doesn't matter what, as long as it is something that Holly and I can do together. Holly and I are more likely to go out on dates if we have gift certificates/tickets to use. We're not picky.
  • Food. They say that the quickest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I am no exception.
  • Dress Pants. Clothes make the man. Size: 34 Waist; 32 Length. Preferably no pleats (aka flat front). If it looks good, I’ll wear it. This goes for dress pants & Khakis. "Wrinkle-Free" is required for pants.
  • Dress Shirts. Size 16 ½ Neck; 36 Arm length. “Wrinkle-Free” is preferred so that I do not have to iron it, but if you find a really nice one that would require ironing, I’ll take that too. No short sleeves. If it is letter-sized (S, M, L, XL, etc), just say no, they never fit me right. Colors (other than white and blue) are also acceptable if I can find a necktie to match.
  • Triathlon Stuff Tri-shorts - size L.
  • Lost. All six seasons on Blu-Ray.
  • Level. A long, 5 or 6 foot level.
  • Shine my shoes and/or iron my pants. I have 2 pairs of black dress shoes and 1 pair of brown casual shoes that are in desperate need of a good shoe shine. This is a great gift idea for all those who are looking for great FREE gift ideas.
  • No comments: